Monday, October 15, 2012

Does indoor farming yield the same quality crop as conventional? Is it detrimental? Is indoor farming a good solution to organic crops production on a large and sustainable scale?

9:20 PM - Immediately what I see is that when you are growing them inside I see this roof as a barrier, and it is not letting the sun get all the way through to the plant.  Even though the plants can yield nutrition, it is like they are not as nutritious as they could be.  I mean in viewing this image of a greenhouse, I just feel that something is lost with having the sun being blocked, or filtered.  I would say if the environment and air quality did not permit a natural outside growing environment, that indoor is a good solution.  However, I feel the most nutritious food is grown outside with unaltered air and sun.  9:24 PM.

No comments: