Friday, August 1, 2014

Washington DC Flooding



Q. I have a friend in the Washington DC area.  She keeps getting messages that a large flood is to hit the Virginia / DC area in September or October. Do you see anything happening there in this time frame?
A. I see some severe storms and even wind hitting in this time frame.  It seems like the storms comes in a pattern...a few days off, and then it starts again.  My mind zooms to a weather map, and it looks like hurricane swirls over this area.  I also get the average amount of rain will be more than expected in late September.  There will be issues with flooding, but I wouldn't classify it as a "large flood."  I do feel caution, and feel it is to be taken seriously.  

The big thing that lights up is I see the DC area being hit with some intense winter weather at the early part of 2015.  I see lots of snow and lots of traffic issues regarding the snow.   It almost has a blizzard feel to it.  This feels more dangerous than the storms.  I see lasting and lingering effects with regards to the snowfall.  It is as if they cannot keep up with it and maneuvering the roads and is quite difficult.  I get a message that people should be prepared and have enough food/meds/etc that if they were housebound for around a week (minimum) they would be ok.  I also get an image of people using Coleman camping heaters and cooking supplies- there looks to be issues with power and or heating when this occurs.  I don't get it is long-term, but most definitely a concern.

And that is all I have for this reading.  Thank you.  Narrated reading on YouTube.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Lynn thank you! Do you get a tendency towards increasingly harsher winters in the next 5 years in the US east coast area? Moving down to the southern hemisphere, on Brazil's east coast, between the cities of Porto Seguro and Santa Cruz Cabrália a road (BR367) frequently needs to be repared due to storms and wave action. Will they have to relocate this road or was this just a rare episode of more intense weather action? (march13, 2014 picture of the area here: http://bahia40graus.com.br/index.php/bahia/item/1116-porto-seguro-erosão-destrói-parte-da-pista-da-br-367) Thank You!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@knockandwatch: I just looked at this, and yes I do get this is going to continue. I see the east coast (and extending downward) being harsher, and the west coast becoming more mild with regard to temperature, wind, storms, etc.. I see it going past even 5 years.

Michelle said...

I am a strong believer in synchronicity. I just discovered your blog in the past 12 hours. I was up until 5:00 am this morning reading your site. I went to bed for 5 hours, and I just got up and am reading again, I just sent a donation for an e-mail reading. After sending the donation, I looked to see what you had posted for the day. I see that you posted concerning the winter weather in Washington, DC. Guess what. I live in Washington, DC. I will take this as a sign that you are supposed to read for me. Michelle Washington DC

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Michelle: I will watch for it.. Thank you for the kind words.

Unknown said...

Thank you Lynn: regarding the W-Coast, does this mean the Yellowstone volcano won't bother Northern-California residents in the next 5 years? Yellowstone is just 390 miles away from the coastline! Thank You!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@knockandwatch: When I referred to the weather pattern, I was talking about the weather trends being different for at least 5 years. The temperature / rain fall seems off from previous years.

With regard to Yellowstone, I do see many earthquakes in the future for CA. Most will be mild and more like a nuisance. Some (I always see the eastern border of CA hit the worst)will be significant. I see flooding, but not because of rain and storms, but rather geographical or structural changes associated to the "earthquakes."